How to Make a Winning Vision Board
So those of you, who know me well, have watched the changes in my life materialize over the past 2 plus years. The life I had 3 years ago is unrecognizable to the one I have today, and I consider myself blessed to see that as a huge positive. The changes that took place in my life post the collapse of my marriage are positive changes that I designed and brought into being. It didn’t just happen one day that I woke up, had a job I love, with people I care about, doing things I never dreamed possible. It didn’t happen overnight that I began to know some amazing people and experience some life altering moments, or that my children and I have been able to thrive in the face of adversity.
No, none of it “just happened” none of it was an accident. It was all designed, built and envisioned long before the outcomes that are now visible.
|My Pinterest Future Board|
Several years ago I watched the show on Oprah about The Secret, and read the book. The fallout from the fame that was created distracted many people from the core unshakable truth behind the principle of cause and effect, and the power of our thoughts to control our outcomes. It took me about 2 years to let it sink into my damaged and depressed soul, but eventually, without me even recognizing it, hope and belief had quietly replaced fear and doubt.
I had created a Future Board, back then with images of things and a life that my mind could not fully grasp. I felt foolish. There was no foreseeable way to make any of this come true, I knew that. The images on my board might as well of been those of going to the moon because I knew the likelihood that any of it would become my reality was as good as winning the lottery.
But putting the board together made me happy like a little girl doing a magazine collage so I went with it. Occasionally I would glance at the board and smile thinking, “what if”?
I have written several entries on the topic in the past year laying out all the ways the things on the board have “magically” appeared in my life since then, so I won’t boar you with the details now. Just know that every year, I update my board because so many items were achieved or realized in the prior year that I have to continue to dream bigger! My board is directly in front of me at my desk at work and has been for the past 2 years. Every day I look at it and smile, KNOWING with all that is in me, that it’s mine already I just need to recognize when it shows up.
And before the haters start in about materialism, IT IS NOT ABOUT THAT. It’s about creating the life you want, however it is you see it. But the board is not about THINGS, it’s about the design of your life. What your life looks like, feels like, what you will see and experience, accomplish and do. The images are simply a tangible reminder of the way the life you are creating will FEEL. And consequently how you will FEEL living that life, experiencing those things.
I think of my Future Board as my blue print to the next 3-5 years. I dream big on it, it’s the plans to the house; it’s the architecture to the life I’ve created and am continuing to create. It’s what keeps me focused, driven, cheerful (because my board is full of pretty shinny pink things…Let’s face it!). It has without question changed my thought process which in turn changed my life. The most thrilling thing for me is that I know the rest is coming, I don’t know how or when, and I don’t care. I just know it is. And that makes me very happy indeed!
Your challenge is: Create a Future Board.
Here are my rules (IDK what the official ones are, these are mine!):
|One of my Pinterest board: Moments..|
1. Put up pictures of the EXPERIENCES you want to have manifested in your life. This is the KEY. You must focus your attention on THE BIG PICTURE DREAM. The “experience” you want to have, this is critical.
Example: I have a picture on my new board of a diamond engagement ring, but it’s not the ring I think about or want (aka the material object) it’s the marriage to the man of my dreams that the picture represents. So when I look at my board and I see that ring, I’m reminded that one of the important things in my life is that quality relationship and that end goal. Make sense? This is the most critical step in your success and where 90% of people go wrong and don’t get results. The beauty of the secret is the I wont be at all surprised, when it does happen that it would be with that very ring. But that’s not what I’m focusing my attention on. (if you need clarity or have questions on this point please ask, if you don’t get the light-bulb to go on here you will be swimming against the current, treading water, getting nowhere. Leave a comment below and I’ll reply)
2. Your board must reflect all the aspect of your life you would like to “upgrade”/improve/change. Things like health, financial security, fun things you’ve always wanted, places you’ve always wanted to go, things you’ve always wanted to do, and anything else that is important to you, such as religion ect.
3. There should be at least 4 categories represented on the board.
In each category find the BEST possible photo you can that communicates that goal, one that every time you see the photo it will remind you of the goal and make you happy.
Example: in my health section I have a photo of the “26.2” sticker to remind me that I want to run a marathon so I can put that damn sticker on the back of my car, and drive around all pompous because I finished a marathon!.
4. DREAM BIG! When it seems ridiculous, go for the photo that is even MORE over the top, to the point you feel like you have no business dreaming that big! Only you stand in the way of you and your dream.
|My Travel Vision Board|
5. When you’re done the board should be a beautiful colleague of all the goals you want to accomplish in your life. It should make you happy to look at it. It should also make you feel like there is NO possible way any of it is going to come true for little old you, take in that feeling recognize that it’s there and valid…AND THEN LET IT GOOOOOOO!!! Never again think that thought when you look at your board.
6. Visualization is KEY! Take the time to imagine how each of those things will feel, lay out all the details in your mind. Think of super-stars when they win an award, they always say “I’ve dreamed of this moment all my life” and the reality is they have! They have pictured that day in their head a million times, so when it comes, they can recognize it as the culmination of the dream.
7. Put it in a place where you will see it every day, then just let it go. Go about your life, be happy when you look at it, think of each feeling those items represent..But let it go.
Now you are ready to watch the magic happen in your own life!
Good luck and keep me posted on your fun stories, because you WILL have them.
|This is my personal “REALITY” or Manifestation Board… all things that have come true!|
This post is Step 1 in the process.
Author: Sarah Centrella