Teach yourself to really truly BELIEVE.
- Put up your Vision Board (representing the EXPERIENCES you want to have, and how those will make you feel, NOT the material objects). Read my blog “Your Challenge, Yes I mean You!” to learn how to create a good board.
- Speak and own your future. Don’t say “I will”, say “I do, I am”.
- Focus on THE BIG PICTURE DREAM!!! I cant overemphasis this point enough. Don’t get caught up in the here and now. (Big Picture)
- Don’t EVER get discouraged. None of this has an expiration date. Your dreams don’t have an expiration date. They have the timeline WE think, and want them to come true by, but get that out of your head. Those thoughts drive stress and stress drives more stress and gets you in a sink-hole. Just toss out your expectations, and know that when the time is right the dream will manifest. BELIEVE.
- Dare to Dream. Nope your not daring! I mean really dream. Dream the impossible. Dream the Oprah of all dreams. Take that dream to the level you are so scared to even think about let alone say out-loud. Go there!
- Cast out doubt. Yes one 2% of the population is extremely successful in whatever that dream is. So what? Who on earth ever told you that you cant be part of that 2%? I mean really. Don’t put a limit on it…not even a subconscious one. You really are the only thing that stands between you and your dream.
- Now get to work! Don’t just sit on your ass and hope it falls from the sky! You have a board full of dreams, that’s the life you are creating. Take the appropriate steps in the right direction. Example: If your dream is to play in the NFL but you’ve never seen a gym, now might be a good time to call 24 hr fitness and ask to speak to a trainer. It might also be a good idea to spend every waking moment working on your fitness, and skills….just saying! In other-words, use common sense. No dream is out of reach, but they do take work. Dedication, tenacity and hard work get rewarded.
- Step out of your comfort zone (aka jump off the cliff). Do that first step in the right direction that scares the living daylight out of you. Then do the second and so on. Each step will probably feel like your naked on stage at the Oscar’s. But do them.
- The Law Of Attraction draws the opportunities into your life, only the smart people of the world recognize that opportunity and act on it. The rest are thinking that if they have a picture of a 2011 Range Rover on their wall, that someone should drive it to your door ring the bell and hand over the keys. The Law of Attraction brings it to you in other forms. Maybe that’s randomly the car your new boyfriend drives, or the one you got from the rental company for a week…or whatever. The point is don’t be so wrapped up in the exactness of your dream that you miss it when it comes.
- Now just BELIEVE. Know it will come.
Here is my personal example of how I learned to believe:
I have always wanted to write my memoir or a book about my life. But I was terrified. I’m not a writer. But about 2 years ago I began writing as an outlet for my emotions and experiences, and I started this blog. But I kept it hidden. I didn’t post it anywhere, (hard to believe I know, but bear with me here!), I didn’t tell a soul that I was writing. I didn’t put my name on it for fear somehow, someone would discover it. I was scared to death. I didn’t consider myself a writer, and felt like a fraud if I were to admit this dream to anyone. It went on that way for about a year and a half.
Then slowly I began telling a few people, sending them the link. Then I posted it on my Facebook profile page, but didn’t post the story links themselves. Then finally I put my name on it.
Eventually I started saying that “writing” is my hobby, I’m a writer”. The first time I said that out loud I think I was expecting the world to stop, point and laugh (and it kinda does because I cant spell and my grammar sucks!). But the point is that once I took that leap of faith to begin to OWN this dream then things began to just happen.
The story that was published on The Secret’s website about my journey, was by mistake with my real name. When it came out I about had a panic attack! But then I took a deep breath, and realized that this was the next step in my dream coming true.
So fear is there at each step in the journey. You just need to learn how to shut it up, and make belief and faith the stronger voice in your head.